Convoy S2+ (CSLNM1.TG) Review: Cheapest Long-Distance Flashlight?
In this video, I review the Convoy S2+ with CSLNM1.TG. This is one of the best value long-range flashlights out there, made with quality components for only $20! For many enthusiasts, the S2+ is their flashlight due to the great value and quality you get. The S2+ is also easily moddable, nothing is glued together, and does not require any special tools to be dissembled. I bought this one to see how the NM1 performs in a smaller body/reflector.
Get the Convoy S2+ here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001543265036.html (non-affiliate link)
All Discount Codes (Affiliate links below)
10% Off Coupon Code: “DARRENYEO”
My Amazon Store:
10% Off Coupon: “DARRENYEO”
Coupon Code “DARRENYEO” for 15% off!
Convoy S2+ Short Review
General thoughts after a week of usage/size comparison/practicality:
- One of the best budget hosts and throwers you can get @ $20. There’s no onboard charging, but if you can deal with that, the only light out there on the same price/value level is the Sofirn SC18.
Overall Construction, LED, lens, bezel, and reflector
- The light has been machined well, especially at this price point. It’s a simple design as you can see, checkered knurling, a few rings machined onto the body. Black anodization, slightly glossy but mostly matt black.
- You can get this light with a variety of different LEDs. I have the CSLNM1.TG version for max throw.
- Glass AR lens, bezel has the same style as the body of the light. You can take the light apart easily by removing the head/copper pill. Mine has a smooth reflector. Other models e.g. 519a comes with OP.
UI – modes
- Modes demo
Performance – total output, beam profile, longevity, practicality
- Ceiling bounce test, CRI, CCT, candela
- Emitter in my model was not centered perfectly, resulting in some artefacts in the beam. Not noticeable outdoors, but very noticeable indoors. This was only an issue in my version, others I have spoken to don’t have this issue and I haven’t bothered to let Simon know but may do later.
- No onboard charging
- Best value EDC flashlight that you can get out there – the assortment of different LED options makes this an easy buy if you want to try some of them out, it’s less than what I’d pay for lunch sometimes. I’ll leave the link to the Convoy shop below.