Wuben X-1 Review: A Practical 12,000 Lumen Flashlight with BUILT-IN Fan!
In this video, I review the Wuben X-1 Flashlight. I normally opt out of high-lumen flashlights these days due to their weight and portability issues. Wuben has come up with a completely new design for a flashlight that allows you to achieve high lumens, sustained performance, and runtime… and still, be able to fit the entire package in your pocket. If you’re looking for an innovative all-rounder, you won’t want to miss this video!
Beamshots @ 11:19
Buy the Wuben X-1 here (Affiliate Link): https://www.wubenlight.com/products/wuben-x1-small-and-powerful-ecl-flashlight-12000-lumens?ref=darrenyeo (COUPON: “DARRENYEO” for 10% Off)
Bonus March Voucher (25% Off): “wuben25” !!!
Wuben X-1: Short Review
General thoughts after a week of usage/size comparison/practicality:
- This is a 12,000-lumen flashlight that’s actually useful to bring along with you and can maintain a continuous 2500-3000 lumen output. Most lights of this output get way too hot to be practical. The inbuilt fan is clever and after my Imalent MR90, I’m relieved it’s very quiet. It sounds like the spinning of a pocket hard drive.
- Compare to other similar size lights
Overall Construction, LED, lens, bezel, and reflector
- Rugged, high-quality construction. Mine has black anodization but it also comes in white MAO. Looks like a taser! Or something out of a sci-fi prop. It’s unique and I dig the design.
- 3x XHP70.2 with 3 horizontal overlapping OP reflectors. Bezel is the same finish and design as the body. Glass lens.
- Heatsinking/heat dissipation is very effective and activates by temperature readings, rather than a timer.
- 2x flat top 21700 cells – they appear replaceable and you should be able to use similar flat top cells in there. But do this at your own risk, as the manual says the X-1 shouldn’t be disassembled.
UI – modes
- Modes demo, programmable modes. Lockout, strobe.
- USB-C (PD)
Performance – total output, beam profile, longevity, practicality
- Ceiling bounce test, CRI, CCT, candela
- The beam has a wide-angled profile, almost 180 degrees, and peripheral lighting. Hotspot is noticeably concentrated but blends smoothly with spill.
- Turbo steps down @ just under 1 minute. Maintains 2500-3000 lumens until shut off. Turbo reactivation.
- Unusual design, heavy, though it weighs a bit more than my Leatherman Wave and it will fit in your jeans pocket easily.
- Recommended. This is a high-performing flashlight that puts out a heap of light while keeping things nice and cool. You won’t run out of juice in an hour, and the performance is excellent even after stepping down. Get this if you want a practical pocket rocket. We’re flooded with high-lumen and small-body flashlights these days and most of them can’t sustain higher modes for longer than 1 minute.
All Discount Codes (Affiliate links below)
10% Off Coupon Code: “DARRENYEO”
My Amazon Store:
10% Off Coupon: “DARRENYEO”
Coupon Code “DARRENYEO” for 15% off!