I review the Wurkkos HD20! This is a 21700-cell headlamp that uses both XPL-HD and Samsung LH351D LEDs to produce spot and flood beams. This has got to be the largest headlamp I own. But surprisingly, it feels fairly comfortable as long as you tighten up the headband. Excellent runtime and performance on high and the flood beam is perfect for preserving battery life and close-range usage. Anyway, check out my video to find out more. Affiliate links are below.
Get the Wurkkos HD20 here 👇
Get the Wurkkos HD15 here 👇
Please support my work and receive discounts by purchasing recommended products here (affiliate links below):
All Discount Codes (Master Spreadsheet):
My Amazon Store:
Wurkkos HD20 Review
General thoughts after a week of usage/size comparison/practicality/interesting things:
• This is the largest headlamp I’ve seen out there! I didn’t know they made them with 21700 cells but here we are today! Wurkkos have taken advantage of this and added a generously sized TIR lens for the spot beam/XP-L HD. The result is a hotrod headlamp that produces a heap of light and throw.
• As usual, you get everything included including headband, battery, and USB C charging cable.
• Comparison with other headlamps.
Overall Construction, LED, lens, bezel, and reflector
• 1 X Cree XP-L HD and 1 X Samsung LH351D. Perfect combo for short/long range. And the auxiliary LH351D is great for reading or even as a walking light that will preserve battery life.
• Magnet in tailcap.
• Battery indicator in the head
UI – modes
• Hold from off for moonlight.
• 1 click-on with mode memory.
• Double click – Turbo, Strobe, SOS, Beacon
• Click+click hold to change between LEDs.
• 3 fast clicks – check battery status
• 4 fast clicks – electronic lockout
Performance – total output, beam profile, longevity, practicality
• CCT, CRI, Ceiling bounce test
• Larger and heavier than my other headlamps. But you get extra runtime/throw/brightness. Get the HD15 if you want a smaller option.
• Surprisingly rugged and versatile headlamp – for those of you who really want a headlamp that could double as a standalone flashlight, this is a good choice.