Sofirn SC18 Flashlight Review: UNBEATABLE Value EDC!
In this video, I review the Sofirn SC18 – one of the best value EDC flashlights out there. I say that because in terms of performance and modern features like USB-C charging, TIR lens, and included 18650 cell, I really can’t find anything other there that comes close. I was surprised at how far this light throws too… 250m! Watch my video to find out more.
Sofirn SC18 Review:
General thoughts after a week of usage/size comparison/practicality:
- Super impressed with the overall performance, this light has blown me away with the overall value you get. It’s currently selling from $13-15 at the Sofirn store and AliExpress. $20+ on Amazon.
- Works right out of the box with no messing around with no need to program in temperature settings and comes with an 18650 cell/USB charging cable.
- I took this out to a large oval and was amazed to see it reach the other side. Beautiful beam profile due to the TIR lens.
Overall Construction, LED, lens, bezel, and reflector
- Usual Sofirn anodizing – it’s good but nothing special. Between glossy and matt black. Includes a stainless steel clip!
- The button contains a green LED – easy to spot at night when operating the light.
UI – modes
- Modes demo
Performance – total output, beam profile, longevity, practicality
- Ceiling bounce test, CRI, CCT, candela
- The beam has a smooth transition from the center hotspot to a wider spill. It’s the best of both worlds, and I almost couldn’t believe how far this little light could throw.
- Very pocketable and looks around the same size as some AA flashlights. Smaller than the SC31 pro.
- Lumens Estimate from light with confirmed 2000 lumen output (Nextorch TA30 Max) is 1200 lumens. Ceiling bounce – 120lux for SC18, 200 lux for TA30 Max).
|Sofirn SC18||Measured with Opple Light Master Pro – figures based on switch on|
|Mode||Candela @5m||Throw (metres)||Mode||CCT (K)||CRI (Ra)|
- I don’t think it’s producing 1800 lumens. More toward 1200. However, I’m fine with that, given how small this host is, I’d see some heat issues and early step-down times.
- Slight delay in activation after pressing the button. Would prefer if the button was firmer as well, like in the SC31 Pro. This would prevent accidental activation in the pocket.
- If you’re looking for the smallest and best-value 18650 EDC light around, this might be the one for you. Would make a great gift as well. It costs less than your lunch! I’m a big fan of lights like these that over-deliver and provide the best bang for buck.
SC18 on Amazon (Affiliate Link, 30% off): https://amzn.to/3xJEXId
SC18 on Sofirnlight (Cheapest, $13): https://www.sofirnlight.com/products/sofirn-sc18-rechargeable-edc-flashlight-max-1800-lumens-tir-lens-with-side-switch
SC18 on AliExpress (Affiliate Link): https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DdWGiCh
This light was sent to me as a sample by Sofirn. I was not paid to make this video. All opinions expressed in this video are my own.
Please support my work by purchasing recommended products here (affiliate links): https://www.amazon.com/shop/watercolourmentor
Coupon Code “DARRENYEO” for 15% off!