Sofirn’s Mini Tactical Flashlight!
I reviewed the Sofirn SC31T. I swap between this and my Wurkkos FC12. Affiliate links are below.
Get the SC31T here 👇
General thoughts after a week of usage/size comparison/practicality/interesting things:
• So it’s been a while since I’ve reviewed a Sofirn light. But this one really caught my eye since I know a lot of you are looking for a good value tactical light. The Wurkkos FC12 has been my top choice for a budget tactical light and one I’ve recommended for a while. But I think the SC31T has some unique differences that make it worth considering, and perhaps even a better option.
Overall Construction, LED, lens, bezel and reflector
• Design-wise this looks almost the same as the SC31 Pro, except it has a tactical tailswitch. If you haven’t seen my review of that light, it’s one of my favorite Anduril flashlights and has some impressive sustained performance on turbo. Classic Sofirn anodizing with a shiny, slightly slippery finish. Machining is great for this price point.
UI – modes
• Stepped mode (4 steps), smooth ramp. Triple press for strobe.
• 100%/turbo can be activated from tailswitch. Must smooth ramp to 100 first.
• Tailswitch must be fully activated before the side switch can be used.
Performance – total output, beam profile, longevity, practicality
• CCT, CRI, Ceiling bounce test
• Surprisingly throwy beam with large hotspot and lots of spill.
• Turbo can only be remembered through the method I explained before. Smooth ramp to the top, then turn off.
• There’s no shortcut to moonlight mode.
• Would throw further with an SFT40 but that’s personal preference between throw/spill.
• With the FET driver, you could use a high drain cell + spring bypass to push out more lumens from this light.
It’s amazing how far so-called ‘budget’ flashlights have come. 10 years ago, a light with these specs would cost a few hundred dollars at least, and would be 10x the size! This is a very impressive, pocket-friendly tactical flashlight and I’d recommend it to you if you’re looking for one of the best bang-for-buck deals out there on a tactical light.